Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Ingredients for Crust:
You may also use a standard unbaked pie crust for this recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter (I prefer Earth Balance’s vegan buttery sticks)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of clove
Ingredients for Pumpkin Filling:
- 2 eggs (for a truly vegan twist, substitute eggs for 4 Tablespoons water + 2 Tablespoons Oil + 4 teaspoons baking powder)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup soy milk
Directions for Crust
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and spices until combined.
- Press mixture into a 9″ pie plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Directions for Filling
- Preheat oven to 450 F / 230 C.
- Beat together eggs (or egg substitute), brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Add in pumpkin and soy milk and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F / 175 C and continue cooking for 30 – 35 minutes.
- When an inserted cake tester or knife comes out clean, your dairy free pumpkin pie is done!
- Let your pie cool completely before enjoying!