Zesty Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces (1 bag) of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of half of an orange
- 1 1/2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine cranberries, sugar, juice, zest, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, add water until the cranberries are covered, and place over high heat.
- Heat ingredients until boiling, then immediately reduce the temperature to low and let simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- The cranberry mixture will thicken as it cooks, so when it has reached your preferred consistency, remove from the heat and let cool. It’s impossible to overcook this recipe, so don’t feel pressured to remove your sauce from the stove after exactly one hour!
- Remove cinnamon sticks and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
- Garnish with a dusting of orange zest for a truly zesty burst of seasonal flavor!